Family Card Renewal For the Year 2012
Use the following link to verify your Ration card
further Information Please ask your Assistant Commissioner of Civil Supplies/Taluk Supply Officer. also if you couldn’t get the satisfied result Please USE RTI (Right To Information)Act. you will know about your card(Ration Card)Status.
Cooperation, Food and Consumer Protection Department
TARGETED PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM (TPDS)
1.We, the Government of Tamil Nadu view the Targeted Public Distribution System as an important constituent of the strategy for Poverty Eradication to ensure Food Security to the vulnerable sections of Society. We propose to implement the Public Distribution System to the best advantage of the beneficiaries with utmost transparency and efficiency.
2. For the purpose of categorization of cardholders under Public Distribution System, the Government have prescribed two colour cards viz., Pink and Yellow. The Pink colour cardholders will be entitled to rice and other essential commodities at prices as fixed by the Government from time to time. The Yellow Colour cardholders would draw their rations other than rice based on options. Those who opt out of rice can drawn additional quantity of sugar or kerosene as the case may be, in lieu of rice at prices as fixed by the Government from time to time.
Among the aforesaid two categories of cards, families falling Below Poverty Line (BPL) will be identified based on the norms as below:
o Families getting an income upto Rs.15,000 per year.
o Landless agricultural labourers.
o Small and marginal farmers
o Self-employed rural artisans
o Old age pensioners and destitute widows, physically handicapped persons etc.
who are getting similar pension from Government. (In the case of items (b) to (e) the income limit of Rs.15,000/- per annum will apply)
ii. Urban Areas
Families getting an income upto Rs.15,000/- per year.
Generally people living in slums
Daily wage-earners like Rickshaw-pullers, porters, frunit and flower sellers on pavements, domestic servants, construction workers and other similarly placed
(In the case of items (b) and (c) above the income limit of Rs.15,000/- per annum will apply)
2. The Government of Tamil Nadu promise to issue a maximum of 20 Kgs. of rice per month per family for the Pink colour cardholders at the Fair Price Shops indicated in the card. The yellow cardholders will not get rice and they will have the option to get additional 3 kgs of sugar or 5 litres of kerosene in lieu of rice. They will, continue to get other commodities at the scales as fixed for Pink colour cardholders.
3. The price of rice at the Fair Price shop will be Rs.2/- for common and Rs.3.75 for grade ‘A` variety per Kg. and the price shall not be more than 50 paise over the issue price that may be fixed by the Government of India for the BPL population.
4. The rice supplied at Fair Price Shops will be of Fair Average Quality as prescribed by Government of India.
5. The Fair Price Shops will be open on all days of the month (except Government holidays) between 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 6.00 P.M. in the Districts and 8.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M. and 3.00 P.M. to 7.00 P.M. in Chennai City and its belt area. The car holders can get the commodities as per scale of supplies on any day and any time as mentioned above. The food grains due to the cardholders for the month will be supplied within the month either in one installment or in two installments, if the cardholder so chooses in so far as it relates to rice.
6. The Civil Supplies Department will ensure periodical checking of family cards to detect and eliminate the bogus cards and will take stern action against person found guilty of misuse of the PDS benefits in any manner.
7. The Civil Supplies Department will also carry out addition and deletion of the names of the family members, change in address, transfer of ration cards in a time bound manner as follows:-
Item of Work
Authority to effect changes
Inclusion/Deletion of Family members (by presentation at Area Rationing Office)
Thursday on presentation of ration cards with required proof
Assistant Commissioner of Civil Supplies/Taluk Supply Officer
Change in address
with in the jurisdiction of the same FPS.
Within three days
Change in address including change in Fair Price Shop.
Within one week.
Issue of Surrender Certificate on transfer of family to other city or otherwise
Issue of new ration cards, family card with surrender certificate etc. within same State.
Within seven days
Issue of new ration cards in case of Change of subject to production of necessary proof.
Within two weeks.
1.FAIR PRICE SHOP
Every family residing in the State of Tamil Nadu will be entitled to a ration card under the Tamil Nadu Scheduled Commodities (Regulation of Distribution by Card System) Order, 1982 as prevalent from time to time. The following procedure will be followed for the issue of ration cards:-
1.The criteria prescribing eligibility and procedure for issue of ration card will be widely publicized and made available to any citizen on demand.
2. Simple application forms in easy language will be available at Taluk Supply Offices in District/Assistant Commissioner’s office in Chennai city for being filled by the applicants for ration cards. Two passport size photographs (black and white) are required-one to be affixed in the application form and another for printing/affixing in the ration card.
3. Special arrangements will be made at the Taluk Supply offices in the District/Assistant Commissioner of Civil supplies office in Chennai city to help the applicants to fill up the forms and to explain the procedure followed before ration cards are issued in their favour.
4. Every application for ration card will be duly acknowledged on the spot and given a suitable registration number.
5. The acknowledgement slip will indicate the date on which the ration card can be collected in case all information as required have been correctly given.
6. In case the ration card is not ready for collection on the date specified in the acknowledgement slip, due to unavoidable administrative reasons or for re-verification of details etc, the reasons for the delay and the likely date by which the card will be available will also be invariably intimated.
7. All ration card holders will be suitably advised and given appropriate guidance regarding the FPS at which they could register their cards for obtaining supplies. Any difficulty faced by the cardholders as may be expressed in writing will be resolved within three days from the date of receipt of such grievances by deputing appropriate inspecting officials to the FPS under intimation to the cardholders.
8. The officials and staff who may have direct contact with the public in regard to issue of ration cards, will wear name-badges and will attend to the needs of the public courteously and promptly.
9.The names of officials, their designation, telephone numbers and addresses to whom grievances/complaints relating to delay or rejection of application for ration cards could be addressed, will be prominently displayed at the concerned office premises.
10. All grievances/compolaints and other correspondence will be duly registered and acknowledged on the spot if made in person across the counter or and if received by post within 7 days from the date of receipt.
11. Final replies to such grievances/complaints will be issued within 30 days.
12. Stringent measures would be taken for detection of bogus and unauthorized Ration Cards through a system of surprise checks.
13. The criteria for identifying those Below Poverty Line to be covered in TPDS will be transparent.
14. Complaints/grievances regarding inclusion or non-inclusion in the Below Poverty Line target group will be dealt with by the Taluk Supply Officer in the District/Assistant Commissioner of Civil Supplies in Chennai City.
2) The Civil Supplies Department will formulate and implement fool-proof arrangements for delivery of food grains and other essential commodities to Fair Price Shops and for its subsequent distribution to the intended beneficiaries through the shop in a transparent and accountable manner. The State will devised credible financial and administrative arrangements, so as to ensure the physical movement of the allotted food grains to the Fair Price Shops and subsequent issue to the beneficiaries.
3) Inspection and Checking
To make the system more effective and efficient and to introduce an element of accountability, we have prescribed an inspection schedule for all offices under the Civil Supplies, Revenue and Co-operation Departments. During these inspection, the quality and quantity of commodities being supplied through Fair Price Shops, smooth functioning of the Fair Price Shops with reference to opening and closing time of Fair Price Shops, the premises of wholesalers of Kerosene etc., will be checked.
4) Right to Information
Under Clause (1) of section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Right to Information Act, 1997 (Tamil Nadu Act 24 of 1997), the Government have empowered the officers specified in Column (2) of the Table below working in the offices specified in the corresponding entries in Column(1) thereof, to be the Competent Authorities within their respective jurisdiction, for the purpose of the said Act as far as PDS is concerned.
Further Latest Details Please Check